Year-end giving amounts to an estimated 40-70 percent of many nonprofits’ annual budgets. The most charitable season of the year is a prime opportunity to secure new supporters and to lift the giving levels of current donors. In this blog series, we will review the steps to devising a strong campaign—including how to use data analytics to target your messaging, the importance of a compelling story, how to distribute your story through multiple channels, and when to follow up with donors.
OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE
Online donations are on the rise, but even those who prefer to give offline will research your organization through your website before making a donation.
Your website gives donors their first true impression of your organization and can be the most influential factor in whether a donor decides to give. If your website is properly designed and organized, you can collect email addresses, have people register for ongoing communications and updates, and most importantly—capture donations. An optimized website can greatly expand your relationship with online visitors.
- Be sure your mission is clearly stated on the homepage.
- Capture email addresses by offering visitors the chance to sign up for updates. Be sure you have a compelling reason for them to give up their email address.
- Add a prominent “Donate Now” or “Give Now” button toward the top of your homepage.
- Test your donation form regularly. Be sure the donate page is easy to use and gives the donor confidence in their decision (charity ratings, testimonials, etc.).
- Make sure your homepage and donation forms are in sync with the theme of your year-end campaign.
- Consider driving traffic to your website through paid search on Google.
It’s not too late to start building your year-end campaign with Pursuant, but you must respond now. Let us help you raise more by sending the right messages to the right audiences at the right time.